Tadeusz R. Mazurek, associate teaching professor in the Department of Classics, is one of 18 University of Notre Dame faculty members to receive Rev. Edmund P. Joyce, C.S.C., Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching. Three faculty have been honored with Dockweiler Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising.
The awards are presented by the Office of the Provost, but recipients are selected through a process that includes peer and student nominations.
The Dockweiler Award winners are:
- Elly Brenner, associate professional specialist in the First Year of Studies
- Kathleen Cannon, O.P., professional specialist in the College of Science
- Ann Marie R. Power, associate professional specialist in the Department of Sociology
The 18 winners of Joyce teaching excellence awards represent faculty who have had a profound influence on undergraduate students through sustained exemplary teaching. Faculty committees in each of seven disciplinary areas review the peer and student nominations.
The recipients from the College of Arts and Letters are:
- Mary M. Keys, political science
- Cynthia K. Mahmood, anthropology
- Tadeusz R. Mazurek, classics
- Mark W. Roche, German and Russian languages and literatures
- Sebastian Rosato, political science
- Robert E. Sullivan, history
- Paul J. Weithman, philosophy
Other recipients include:
- Patricia L. Clark, chemistry and biochemistry
- Shane A. Corwin, finance
- Alan R. DeFrees, architecture
- Malgorzata Dobrowolska-Furdyna, physics
- James L. Fuehrmeyer, accountancy
- J. Daniel Gezelter, chemistry and biochemistry
- James F. Johnson, chemistry and biochemistry
- Yahya C. Kurama, civil and environmental engineering and earth sciences
- Brian R. Levey, accountancy
- Elizabeth S. Moore, marketing
- Ryan K. Roeder, aerospace and mechanical engineering
The undergraduate teaching award is supported by a gift from the late Father Joyce’s classmates in the Class of 1937. This is the seventh year that advisors and student mentors are being honored through an award supported by the Julia Stearns Dockweiler Charitable Foundation.
Learn More >
- Rev. Edmund P. Joyce, C.S.C., Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Dockweiler Awards for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising
- Office of the Provost
Originally published at news.nd.edu.