Internships give classics majors an opportunity to polish the critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills they develop during their studies here and apply them in a professional setting. Internships are also a valuable way for students to explore various career options and build their professional networks.
Recent Notre Dame classics major internships range from marketing intern at Epson America to archaeological intern at Mesa Verde National Park to social media consultant at the Vatican Museum's Patrons for the Arts.
- Check out the opportunities listed on the A&L website.
- Notre Dame’s Career Center has exciting internship opportunities for Arts and Letters students. Check out their Global Internship Initiative. For more information, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (574)631-5200.
- Notre Dame's Rome Global Gateway Internship Program funds a variety of summer internships in Rome with organizations like the American Academy of Rome Library, Vatican Museum Patron of the Arts, and Institute of the Italian Encyclopedia.
- The Nanovic Institute's European Internship and Service Grant supports undergraduate students who have arranged summer internships or volunteer opportunities in Europe.
- The Paideia Institute offers an internship in Rome relating to their efforts to expand Latin education and explore the role of Classical Humanities in the modern world. Positions are available in outreach, development, and media.
- Contact Notre Dame's Career Center for special internship opportunities at Chicago and Washington DC Museums.
- Work with ancient manuscripts as a part of a team in Washington DC at the Center for Hellenic Studies.
- The Newberry Library in Chicago (near the Magnificent Mile) pays you to work with their ancient manuscripts.
- Intern at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- Intern at the Library of Congress.
- Intern at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago.
- Intern at the L.A. County Museum of Art.
- The University of Michigan Summer Research Opportunity Program offers outstanding undergraduates the opportunity to conduct research across a variety of disciplines.
- Internships are available through the Smithsonian Museum for students to learn about museum and library research opportunities.
- The Getty Villa in Los Angeles offers summer internships to multi-cultural undergraduates and all graduates to help the Getty Foundation.
This list is compiled for your information and convenience. The Department of Classics does not necessarily endorse these programs. You should always conduct your own due diligence before attending any program.