If you cannot get financial aid directly from your chosen summer program, try these options.
- The Notre Dame Career Center has lots of options for funding internships.
- The College of Arts and Letters' Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program provides grants for independent research projects around the world.
- The Center for the Study of Languages and Cultures has funds available for language study, especially if you want to travel abroad to study a foreign language
- The College of Arts and Letters website lists many opportunities. Note especially the funding offered by our Kellogg and Nanovic Institutes.
- Nanovic Institute for European Studies.
- Notre Dame’s Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement (CUSE) has many opportunities for students to apply for research grants and fellowships. They also provide workshops to aid students writing grants
- The Classical Association of the Middle, West, and South (CAMWS) offers various awards and scholarships for outstanding Classics students and those who want to further their studies abroad.
- The Semple, Grant, & Benario Travel Awards are offered to graduate students looking to do research abroad in Rome, Athens, or another appropriate ancient site. The application is due January 15, 2019.
- The CAMWS Excavation/Field School Award is offered to graduate and undergraduate students looking to participate in a summer excavation or field school at an archaeological site in the Greco-Roman world. Priority is given to applicants who have not had previous excavation experience. The application is due January 30, 2019.
- The Archaeological Institute of America offers various fellowships and scholarships for undergraduates and graduates, with money available for travel, study or publication assistance.
- The Society for Classical Studies maintains a listing of awards, scholarships and fellowships for students.